This window shows the list of all users of the hubs you connected in the
current DC++ session as well as all the detailed information associated with
every listed user. It's possible to quickly find any online user from any
connected hub and easily keep track of your favorite users, too. With its
powerful filtering capabilities this window provides the functionality of
the former Favorite Users and Waiting Users window.
User list columns
- The blue star icon shows that this particular user is a favorite. Click the
icon to add or remove the user from the favorites.
- Auto grant slot
- The icon indicates that DC++ should auto grant a favorite user a slot or
not. If the indicator is green, DC++ will automatically grant the user a
slot; you can click the icon to toggle. The function works only for users
already set to favorite.
- The nick of the user.
- Hub (last seen in, if offline)
- Which hub you saw this user the last time.
- Status / Time last seen
- For normal users this column shows the online status. For favorite users it
shows which specific date and time you saw this user the last time; or
"Online" if the favorite user is currently online.
- Brief description for the user. You can change this description by either
selecting "Description" from the context menu or by pressing the Enter
key. The description is saved for favorite users only.
- Client ID of the user.
User list context menu commands
- Connect to hub
- This menu item shows only for favorite users. If the user is online this
will select the first hub where he/she is connected. If the user is offline
you can use this function to connect to the hub where this favorite user
last seen in.
- Edit the brief description of the user (shown in the Description column).
- Get file list
- Download the file list of the selected users.
- Browse file list
- Download only the required pieces of the file lists of the selected users in
form of a partial file list. Note that you may not able to fully exploit
certain file list functions in a partial list window until you get the whole
list using the "Download full list" button.
- Match queue
- Matches the files in your download queue to the file lists of the selected
users. 2 files are considered to be the same if their TTH is the same. If
matches are found in one user's file list, she will be added as a source for
the relevant downloads.
- Send private message
- Open Private Message windows to chat privately with the selected users.
- Grant extra slot
- In addition to your regular upload slots, an extra upload slot will be given
to the selected users until the end of the current DC++ session.
- Remove user from queue
- Remove the selected users from the source list of all queued files. Pending
file list requests will be removed as well.
- Ignore chat
- Add user matching definitions (or modify existing ones, if possible) to
ignore chat messages from the selected users.
- Un-ignore chat
- Add user matching definitions (or modify existing ones, if possible) to stop
ignoring chat messages from the selected users.
- Copy user information
- Copy a few lines containing user information to the clipboard. The data may
include: the user's nick(s), her hub address(es), her IP, country, email,
CID (not exhaustive). When multiple users are selected, each user
information blob is separated with a blank line.
- Add to favorites
- Adds the selected users to your Favorite Users list.
- Deletes the actual item from the list. If the corresponding setting in Confirm dialog options is enabled, you will be prompted before
- Remove all
- Deletes all the selected items from the list. If the corresponding setting
in Confirm dialog options is enabled, you will be prompted
before the removal.
- Allows copying the content of any column to the clipboard. An "All
command is available as well to gather all the columns in the
copied text (one column per
Details pane (right)
This pane shows you all the available details sent by the DC client of the
selected user. The number of records shown can heavily depend on what kind
of user selected, what protocol it uses, etc... For example you can get the
most information from an ADC client user while the amount of available
information from a hub bot is usually very small.
The user list can be filtered by text, online status and file transfer
activity. The following options are available:
- Text filter
The filter, consisting of an input box, a column selection box and a method
selection box, can help filter the list on the fly based on textual
matching. You can filter the contents of any individual column or the whole
list. There are three filtering methods available to choose from: excact
word match, partial word match or match a regular
. Note that filtered results are not removed from the list;
they can at any time be restored by just clearing the filter out.
The filter input box can be focused with Alt+I.
Eg writing "foo" in the filter input box, selecting "Nick" and "Partial
match" will only display users that have "foo" in their nick.
If enabled the user list shows online users only, it will filter out all
users who are currently offline (not connected to any hub where you are
currently logged in).
If enabled the user list shows only your favorite users.
- Pending download
If enabled the user list will show those users whom you're currently
- Pending upload
If enabled the user list will show those users who are waiting for a free
slot to be able to start downloading from you (functionality of the former
Waiting Users window). These users have have queued one more files from you,
but haven't been able to get a slot.