Proxy settings for outgoing connections
These settings provide possibility of using a SOCKS5 proxy server for
- Direct connection
- Select this mode if you can make unrestricted outbound connections. This
includes connecting to any IP address on any port. Choose this option if
- Select this mode if you want to make outbound connections through a SOCKS
proxy. The caveats for Passive mode also apply here. SOCKS5 proxies are
not the same as HTTP proxies. DC++'s SOCKS5 support does not
- Socks IP
- This is the IP, not host name, of your SOCKS5 server.
- The port that your SOCKS5 server runs on. The default is 1080.
- Login name for the SOCKS5 proxy; may be required.
- Password for the SOCKS5 proxy; may be required.
- Use SOCKS5 server to resolve host names
- Enable this to use the SOCKS5 proxy, instead of the local name server, to
resolve host names into IP addresses.